Emily graduated in 2008 from the University of Birmingham and spent her first 4 years in the NHS at the top trauma hospital in London gaining a wide range of experience. She then moved into private practice while working alongside at (her beloved) Chelsea FC for 5 years providing pitch side and clinic cover.
Emily specializes in working with pre and post-natal women, runners, footballers, and people recovering from surgery. She loves the variety in her work and enjoys the challenge of treating individuals with similar conditions but tailoring different courses of treatment that are suited for them. Outside of work, her lifetime goal is to get the Abbot super 6 marathon medal!
Since her Masters in Strength and Conditioning, she has also developed a keen interest in strength training and feels that being strong is a key component in preventing injuries as well as a part of fitness.
"Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth!"
- BSc Physiotherapy University of Birmingham
- MSc Strength and Conditioning St Mary’s University
- Equipment Pilates Foundation course
- New Trends in the Prevention of Running Injuries
- Integrating Strength and Conditioning for Runners
- Acupuncture foundation course
- The FA’s Intermediate first aid course
- Taping for Sport