Ivan discovered his passion for sports when he was 15 years old and started practicing Kyokushin Karate. Martial Arts taught him about the power the mind has over matter and how beliefs and perspective could take him closer or farther to his goals. He became an elite-level competitor for this discipline, representing his country.
Despite being among the shortest and lightest competitors, he won first place in the National Kyokushin Karate Tournament in 2002, and again in 2004. During these years he also became National Karate Instructor and Karate coach for his university team.
Since then, Ivan has continued his career in health and fitness, coaching Olympic Weightlifting, CrossFit, Yoga, and Group Fitness Classes. He has witnessed the dark side of the trends, mindsets, and approaches surrounding fitness and health, and believes in coaching his clients with a much more holistic approach.
Ivan specialises in functional strength training, mobility training for injury rehabilitation and movement optimisation through elements of Yoga, FRC, and animal flow, and martial arts.
- INCCA University of Colombia Bachelor of Physical Culture and Sports
- PTA Global - Certificate in Personal Training
- OPEX Coaching Certificate Program Coach
- Animal Flow Level 1
- Functional Anatomy Seminars, Certified FRC Mobility Specialist (FRCms)
- Ready State, Movement and Mobility Specialist
- Certified TRX Groups Suspension Trainer
- Certified RIP Trainer Instructor
- WattBike Master Trainer
- Precision Nutrition Level 2
- Precision Nutrition Level 1
- Pure Yoga 200 hours HATHA YTT
- Les Mills BODYCOMBAT, BODYPUMP, RPM, SPRINT, TRIP Instructor
- Certified CrossFit Level 1 Coach
- Certified CrossFit Weightlifting Coach
- Certified CrossFit Football Coach
- Certified Rumble Roller Level 1 Trainer
- Certified Terracore Trainer
- 7th Kyu in Ichigeki ProBoxing