This is an important document, which affects your legal rights and obligations. Please read it carefully and do not sign it unless you understand it and agree to it. If you have any questions, please ask.
Acknowledgement of Risks, Injury and Obligations
- I acknowledge that the activities I am to undertake have potential dangers and by participating in them, I am exposed to certain risks. I acknowledge and understand that as a result of participating in any such activities:
- I may be injured, physically or mentally. Any physical conditions I may have, of which I may or may not be aware, of which I may or may not have disclosed to UFIT, its staff or representatives, may be aggravated or worsened by my participation.
- My personal property may be lost or damaged.
- Other persons may cause injury to other persons or damage their property.
- The conditions in which activities are conducted may vary without warning.
- There may be no or inadequate facilities for treatment or transport for me if I am injured.
- I assume the risk of, and the responsibility for any injury, illness, death or property resulting from my participation in any activities.
Release and Indemnity to UFIT
- In consideration of the acceptance of my payment (or guest status) for participating in any activity (and except to the extent that UFIT may be precluded by statute) I agree to release and indemnify UFIT and staff as follows:
- I participate in the activities at my sole risk and responsibility. I release, indemnify and hold harmless UFIT, its servants and agents, from and against all and any actions or claims which may be made by me or on my behalf or by other parties for or in respect of arising out of any injury, loss, damage or death caused to me or my property arising out of my participation in any activities.
- I also agree that in the event that I am injured, or my property is lost or damaged, I will bring no claim, legal or otherwise, against UFIT or its servants and agents, in respect of that injury, loss or damage. Before signing this document, I have read and understand it and know how it affects my legal rights.
- Payment is to be made in advance. UFIT reserves the right to postpone sessions if payment has not been received. UFIT accepts cash, cheque, bank transfer, credit card and NETS.
- Upon purchasing a package, please be aware that the validity of such sessions is for the time specified at the time of purchase. If you are unable to complete all sessions in the time specified, you will forfeit your right to utilise those sessions.
- UFIT will not refund fees. We can offer credit between our service lines.
- We have a 12-hour cancellation policy for: personal training sessions, physiotherapy, osteopathy, rehabilitation, massage therapy, small group training* (inclusive of Pilates and rehabilitation classes), nutrition consultations and bootcamps. Providing less notice than the indicated time frame or failure to show may result in additional charges or deductions from your prepared series.
*Group Training: 12 Hour cancellation policy and it is the ‘Groups’ responsibility to coordinate attendance and number of participants. If training outside of ‘Group’ format, then individual sessions must be purchased.
Choice of provider
- You have the right to change your trainer, therapist or nutritionist at any time. You may switch between trainers either on the same level as you have trained with previously, or a lower grade trainer. An additional fee may be required if you’re switching to a trainer of a higher grade.
- Should there be a change in my condition, medication or supplementation, I will notify the provider at the earliest opportunity.
- I understand that UFIT Nutritionists do not dispense medical advice, nor prescribe any medical treatment and that methods of nutritional evaluation or testing made available to me are not intended to diagnose disease. Rather, these assessments are intended as a guide to enhancing my nutritional health and supporting the achievement of my fitness and health goals.
- I understand that as part of the nutritional counselling services, I may be asked to provide information concerning my physical habits, medical history, moods, energy levels, likes and dislikes, lifestyle and diet. This information is collected to enable the provider to: (i) assess my knowledge of nutrition, (ii) educate me about the benefits of sound nutritional practices and (iii) recommend dietary changes to improve my general health, vitality and overall well-being.
- I understand that treatment may involve a range of therapeutic (with physical contact) and exercise interventions.
- I understand that I may be expected to remove certain articles of clothing to allow for a detailed musculoskeletal or body composition assessment. Appropriate patient attire will be provided if required and a patient is entitled to bring a chaperone if they wish to.
- I understand that all assessments/treatments along with their associated benefits and risks will be explained to me by the therapist and I expressly give my consent for these to be provided [Please note that minors must be consented by their parent/guardian].
- I understand that I may withdraw my consent at any time.
- I acknowledge that a cancellation charge will be applied for any cancellation that is made less than 12 hours before the appointment.
- I acknowledge that it is my responsibility to check my medical insurance coverage and that the UFIT Health and Fitness has no liability for costs not reimbursed by my insurance company for any service rendered.
- I understand that Health and Performance Screening related data will influence my management plan and I consent for this to be hosted on my profile on the UFIT platform and shared amongst all providers that are involved in my care.
- I understand every client is individual and it is not possible to determine in advance how I will progress when starting a program. It is sometimes necessary to adjust your program as a result and it is important that I stay in contact with my UFIT provider regarding my progress and any concerns or questions I have in order to proceed with the best course of action. I acknowledge and understand that no warranties or representations have been made to me regarding the results I will achieve from this program. I understand that results are individual and may vary.
- In addition, I agree that all of the information I receive from my UFIT provider is for the my personal use and may be shared only with my immediate family and healthcare team. No part of this information may be reproduced, stored in or introduced into a retrieval system, or transmitted, in any form or by any means including, but not limited to, electronic, mechanical, photocopy, recording without the prior written permission of UFIT. I also agree that I will not participate in or encourage electronic piracy of copyrightable materials.
Data - Notification and Consent
Unless you tick the box below, You agree that UFIT Health and Fitness may collect, use and disclose your personal data, which you have provided in this form, for providing marketing material that you have agreed to receive, in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act 2012 and our data protection policy (http://www.ufit.com.sg/privacy- policy/)
- No -I don’t want to receive offers and information about UFIT
I expressly give consent to UFIT Health and Fitness to store data relating to me, my condition and treatment electronically. Medical and treatment notes will remain confidential between you and your provider. I give consent for my provider to share a summary of my condition with other providers involved in my care. I retain the right to confidentiality and will expressly notify the individual concerned if I wish for some data to remain confidential.
- Yes - I give consent for UFIT to store and share personal data electronically
I hereby affirm consent and agreement to the above statements set forth in this form and agree to partake in the service(s) and/or program purchased with UFIT by my own free will.