When we travel or have overseas visitors we can fall off the bandwagon with healthy eating. But by being realistic and planning we can have fun - and stay relatively healthy. UFIT Head of Nutrition Wendy Riddell tells us how with five easy tips...
1. Plan to keep your weight stable
Don't try to lose weight over the holidays, or else you are setting yourself up for failure. If you can be consistent and maintain where you are at now, you're doing great.
2. Be 70% good
Try to eat well for 70% of the time, and for the remaining 30% have fun as you are on holidays after all.
3. Take healthy snacks with you
Take some healthy snacks with you wherever you go to keep you away from the sugary processed ones you can only buy when you're out and about.
4. Keep hydrated
Take a water bottle with you when you go out and try to drink at least 3 litres a day. That will keep you feeling full and curb your appetite when you buy something naughty in desperate hunger.
5. Be kind to yourself
Don't feel guilty if you fall off the wagon. We're only human. And if we stress too much about eating the wrong food we'll be more likely to eat more of it.
And if you really screw it up - or want to keep up the great work you've already achieved - remember to sign up for the next UFIT Clean & Lean Challenge starting 26 August.
DATE FOR YOUR DIARY:
26 AUGUST for START OF UFIT CLEAN & LEAN 16