Zucchini. The fun just never ends, does it? Sure, you can shred it to make cake or frittata, or moist, raisin-packed muffins. Try your hand with this Zucchini Focaccia recipe.
(Always good to know this is week 1 Clean & Lean Challenge compliant)
- 1 & 1/2 zucchini
- 1/2 cup flaxseed meal
- 1/4 cup pysillum husk
- 1 x tbsp olive oil
- 4 x eggs
- 2 x slices of lean back bacon (visible fat removed)
- Season with sea salt, pepper and fresh rosemary to taste.
- With a cheese grater, grate the zucchini’s and place in a drainer for an hour to remove as much liquid as possible.
- Chop the bacon into small pieces and cook on a non sticky pan until crispy.
- In a large bowl, mix the zucchini and the bacon. Add the remaining ingredients (saving some rosemary for decor). Whisk energetically for 2-3 minutes until smooth.
- Preheat the oven to 180 and prepare a lasagna dish or tempered glass dish with either a baking sheet or oil spray.
- Pour the mix into the dish. If you want to add extra taste and seasoning, wet your fingers making holes, and fill them in with rosemary. Sprinkle sea salt.
- Bake for approximately for 30 minutes until golden brown and firm.
For more information for UFITs Nutrition programmes get in touch with us here. Join our next Clean & Lean Challenges that we run 4 times a year providing you with the opportunity to change your healthy habits into a lifestyle.
Thanks to @Soff.it for providing these deliciously creative recipes.