Try out our new weekend breakfast pancakes from the amazing @soff.it. Trust us to show you exactly how to make these simple but tasty pancakes without any flops.
- 2 egg whites
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp of Whey Protein vanilla
- 1 tbsp of Chia seeds
- 2 tbsp of lemon juice
- Lemon zest
- Optional: cinnamon sprinkle
1. Blend all the ingredients
2. Let the mix rest for at least 30 minutes
3. Once rested, heat a frying pan on medium heat and spread coconut oil with a napkin evenly across the pan
4. Depending on the size and quality of the eggs, which might make the mix a little thick. If this is the case, you can add a tablespoon of your favourite nutmilk or water to loosen up the mixture
5. If in doubt just add in a little of the nutmilk or water at a time and mix up. Then add until the mixture thins a little
6. Place 1-2 tablespoons of the mixture in the middle of the hot pan trying to keep a round shape of the pancake. Leave on the heat for up to 3 minutes and then flip onto the second side for 2 minutes making sure there is a slight browning to each side of the pancake.
If you're not on our Clean & Lean program then why not add some or your favourite fruits. Superfoods like Blueberries would go perfectly with a dash of honey or maple syrup.