Indulge in this delicious apple crumble that we’ve put together for you to enjoy over the Christmas season and beyond without feeling too guilty for having a dessert.
- 6 large green cooking apple
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp almond butter (room temperature)
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/3 cup almond flour
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup chopped nuts of your preference
- Vanilla extract
- Stevia to taste
1. Wash and slice the apples into slices or cubes. Mix with the cinnamon and cook on the microwave for 3 minutes, toss and repeat. If you desire, you can bake them on the oven at 180 until tender using a baking dish.
2. Add 1 tbsp of chia seeds to soak the liquid excess.
3. In a bowl, mix the remaining ingredients using a fork first and then using your hands to make the crumble. If you don't consume oats, replace them for another nut flour.
4. Place the apples on a baking dish, put the crumble on top and bake at 200 until golden brown (approx 15 minutes). Serve with very cold greek yogurt.
For more information for UFITs Nutrition programs get in touch with us here. Join our next Clean & Lean Challenges that we run 4 times a year providing you with the opportunity to change your healthy habits into a lifestyle.
Thanks to @Soff.it for providing these deliciously creative recipes.