Calling all cheese lovers. Here’s a new inventive creation in the UFIT kitchen to tickle your taste buds – you must try it!
- 200g of overnight soaked unroasted almonds
- 3 x tbsp of lemon juice
- 2 x tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
- 2 x tsp of salt
- 1 x cup of water
- 1/2 tsp of nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp of pepper
- 1/2 tbsp of paprika
- You can also try dried herbs
- Drain the soaked almonds.
- Place in the blender with the lemon juice, olive oil, salt, spices and water. Blend until smooth. It may take several minutes.
- Stop the blender every minute and scrap the sides adding back in to the mix.
- Once the mix is creamy and smooth, place into a cheesecloth. Put a drain inside the bowl and leave the mix to drain overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 180 and place the mix on a silicone mold or a lightly oiled tin. Bake for approximately 30 minutes until golden brown.
- For a more "spreadable" version bake at 165 for 20-25 minutes