NEED TO MAKE A CAKE FOR A SPECIAL DAY BUT YOUR TRYING TO STAY OFF THE CHOCOLATES? THEN THIS EASY TO MAKE, YET DELICIOUS CARROT CAKE IS PERFECT FOR YOU.
- 5 x Egg Whites
- 2 x yolk
- 2 x teaspoons of butter (room temperature)
- 2 x cups of grated carrot
- 1 scoop of whey protein vanilla
- 6 x almonds (or your favourite nut)
- 1 x tablespoon of flaxseed meal
- 1 x tablespoon of almond meal
- 1 x tablespoon of psillum Husk (Orange flavour preferred)
- 1 x tablespoon of Cinnamon
- A pinch of salt or some lemon juice drops
- Vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees. Beat the Egg Whites (with a pinch of salt or some lemon juice drops) to “snow” point. Set Aside.
- Mix the carrots, butter, yolk, cinnamon, vanilla extract and chopped almonds.
- With a fork, add the dry ingredients and mix again (the mix should be thick).
- Start adding the egg whites in parts (4 or 5) mixing with a spoon very gently to retain as much volume as possible. Imagine you were wrapping the carrot-mix with the whites. Take your time, the key to a spongy texture is this step.
- Pour the mix in a silicon or non sticky pan. Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes.
- Let it cool down and slice. You can mix 1 tablespoon of vanilla why protein with 1 tablespoon of cream cheese or coconut milk to replace the frosting.
For more information for UFITs Nutrition programs get in touch with us here. Join our next Clean & Lean Challenges that we run 4 times a year providing you with the opportunity to change your healthy habits into a lifestyle.
Thanks to @Soff.it for providing these deliciously creative recipes