work that core with ufit personal trainer Anna Chaplin!
Tuck your knees into the regress the exercise or keep your legs straight to progress it!
This exercise works both upper and lower abdominal muscles at the same time and can also strengthen the lower back if performed correctly.
You do not need any equipment for this exercise just some space in the beautiful locations of .
1. Lie flat on the floor with the lower back pressed into the ground and arms extended behind your legs
2. The back of the shoulders should touch the floor and the palms face the ceiling
3. Keep the feet together and the toes pointed at the ceiling
4. In one movement lift the legs up keeping them straight and raise the upper body of the floor reaching for the toes with your hands.
5. Engage and squeeze the abdominal muscles as you reach for your toes
6. Slowly lower the body back down to the starting position
7. If you're struggling to keep your legs straight then bend your legs, keep your core tight and progress to perfecting these first before you move onto the straight legged v-ups.