Its the weekend and the thing we usually crave around this time of the week is a little something sweet following dinner that wont make us un-do the hard work we have put in for the last 5 days. As I promised last week, a new recipe from Sarah Wilsons book ‘I quit sugar’ and this time its a delicious Raw Chocolate & raspberry Cheesecake… brace yourselves, this will be epic
Raw Chocolate & Raspberry Cheesecake
- 2 cups of pecans
- 1/4 cup of cacao powder
- 1/4 cup rice malt syrup
- 2 tables coconut oil, melted.
- pinch sea salt
- 2 1/2 cups raw cashews
- 1/2 cup cacao powder
- 1/2 cup rice malt syrup
- 1/4 cup of coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla powder
- 1-2 tablespoon coconut milk
- Pinch salt
- 1/2 cup frozen raspberries
To make the crust:
- Line the base of a round spring form cake pan with baking paper.
- process pecans in a food processor until chunky crumbs form. Add remaining ingredients and process until just combined.
- pour mixture into prepared pan. press into base to cover evenly and form crust. place in freezer to set.
To make the filling:
- process cashews until fine crumbs form. add remaining ingredients except milk and raspberries. Process until mixture turns into a smooth and creamy batter.
- Add milk as necessary to smooth out mixture. once smooth, fold through raspberries and pour mixture over base pan.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours