A former competitive swimmer and varsity level water polo player, Ian has been a lover of sports from an early age. He took up running before he was recruited in the Singapore Armed Forces and has been competing in triathlons for ten years.
He’s represented Singapore at the International Triathlon Union (ITU) Multisport World Cup, ASTC Asian Triathlon Cup, and has qualified twice for the IRONMAN 70.3 World Championships.
Ian understands the demands of balancing triathlon training with daily life and places a strong emphasis on understanding each of his athletes’ physical and mental capabilities, so he can tailor each program to their lifestyle and help them reach their full potential.
- National Registry of Coaches (NROC) Triathlon - Level 1
- National Registry of Coaches (NROC) Swimming - Level 1 (Provisional)
- AUSTSWIM Teacher of Swimming & Water Safety
- Certified Singapore Life Saving Society Lifesaver (Distinction Award)
- Science of Exercise (University of Colorado Boulder)
- Head Coach (Nanyang Technological University - Aquathlon)
- Triathlon Coach (TRIBAL Triathlon Singapore)
- Triathlon Coach (Athlete Lab Singapore)
- Competitive Swim Coach (Warren Gol & Country Club Swim Team)