What does your Christmas dinner look like? Why not try this delicious lamb stew recipe to use after your Christmas meal.
- 900gr lean grass fed lamb meat
- 3 red onions
- 2 large yellow bell peppers
- 2 garlic cloves
- Handful of coriander
- 1/2 tbsp ghee
- 1 can (330) of light/no alcohol beer
- 1/2 cup of water
- Seasoning: cumin, paprika, salt & pepper to taste
1. Cut the lamb in chunks. Rub with the spices and reserve on an airtight container or sealed bag on the fridge for at least 2 hours.
2. Chop the onions, peppers and garlic (you can be sloppy this time, big chunks of pepper even look nice).
3. Heat the frying pan to medium, toss the ghee and cook the vegetables until soft, add half of the coriander leaves.
4. Then, turn the heat to high and put the lamb to seal - remember not to stir constantly - let the meet grill from each side for at least 2 minutes.
5. Pour the beer and mix. When it boils, add 1/2 cup of water, turn the heat to low and cover. 6. Cook for 2 hours at low heat, stirring from time to time. Correct the seasoning and check the consistency of the lamb by trying to shred it using a fork. If it's soft, turn the heat to medium to reduce the liquid excess and finish by sprinkling the reserved coriander leaves, chopped.
6. If the lamb still needs some time to cook, add 1/2 cup more of water and keep cooking 30 minutes. Serve with sauteed spinach.